Central Texas man dead, police suspect K2 overdose
Authorities suspect a man has died from overdosing on K2 in a small town outside of Waco called Elm Mott.
McLennan County Sheriff’s deputies said they found evidence of K2 at the scene.
“We have strong reason to believe the man died of an overdose of K-2”, said Sheriff’s Capt. Bubba Collier.
Collier said the man appeared to have been dead for some time after deputies found him during a welfare check.
The man’s body has been sent to the Southwest Institute of Forensic Science, in Dallas, for an autopsy.
The man’s name was not released pending notification of his family.
Local news reports are terming the substance as synthetic marijuana, but one did point out that “none of the chemicals the herbal product contains is a copy of anything found in cannabis, although the effects can be similar.”
Cannabis prohibition critics often claim that if cannabis were legal, a plant which is non-toxic and non-fatal, that incidences involving K2 and other knock-off substances would drastically decrease.
By: Stephen Carter
Stephen can be reached by email at TXCann@gmail.com